Nuffnang

Friday 30 November 2012

My First Blood Donation Experience

"New Blood for The World,
Equal Chance to Life."
This is the slogan of the Blood Donation andThalassemia Campaign held in UMS by a group of UMS students~
It was my first time donating blood after I passed the weight required... >.<
Feel very excited and scared at the same time...
Donating blood seems very pain.....


Signing my signature on their signing board~
Before we can donate our blood, we need to run a few test to ensure that we fulfill the criteria to be a donor~  
Here are some tips before donating your blood:
1. Have a good meal at least 3 hours before donating your blood
2. Avoid smoking on the day before donating blood.
3. You will be not eligible to donate blood if you have consumed alcohol 48 hours before donation.


Taking samples using a micro pipette which I used it in my labs too~

Testing for blood group... 
I just ran this lab just a week before the donation~

I have B group blood~


Getting my first blood donor log book~
After passing all the test,
finally it's time to donate my blood!

Poking a hole before inserting the BIG needle..

Ok.. I know I have weird expression...
I'm scared.....
But surprisingly, I don't really feel pain!
The nurse had good technique!!!  


Donating My Blood~~~~

Selca while donating~
I did not really feel sick or dizzy while donating actually...
But other donors beside me seems like going to faint....
Means I'm healthy? xp


My blood!

Blood donors were given certificate as a proof~

Me and Seet Lin~
She is one of the organizer team~
Give them a big clap for done a great job in the blood donating event~

They were on news paper!!!

Well, I feel great after donating my blood as I hope I can help people that needed it in order  to survive.
I might save someone life~
Feel heroic as Every Blood Donor is  Hero!!!
Have you donated your blood before?
If you haven't ,come join our  "Hero" parade, as your simple act will save other's life~
With love~~ <3



No comments:

Post a Comment